8.02.2007

Letter from the inside

I am
wrapped inside
my futures mind
the daily grind
begins to play tricks on me
cord; entwined
tied to the
presence
the very
essence
of society’s dying
destiny
betrayed by
crack; heroin
fiends
needles break
like icicles off in arms
tattooed with a special
infliction
addiction
subjection of bodies
intertwined between
menstruation
lead to tongue-tied nights
lips joined with crack pipes
sexual goddess begins her beautiful chant
blood enters semen
crack enters blood
semen and crack
meet at the crossroads
while momma is on her back
poisoned seed planted
growing
into what we call
Crack Baby
I am
wrapped inside this rotting orifice
struggling to breath
the daily grind begins
destruction on body and mind
my cord is wrapped
energy; will to live
being sapped
my spirit
tapped
momma, I am sorry
I won’t make it
to see the light
but I am an angel
no matter the path of my flight
the rest of my eternity spent
with the Lord