9.15.2010

Harvard St.

On Harvard St. there were never any sad rainy days
outside on the street in the rain, my friends and I would race boats 
made out of leaves 
that had fallen from the trees 
in the cool Autumn breeze in Boston. Dorchester to be exact
:smile:
when I was little
she would watch my games out of the living room window
laughing at me because I look like a sailor; only smaller
with a big bow tie on:red
and orange band-aids against my copper skin
white shirt;favorite blue shorts
:smile:
I would find the green leaves of the trees
the ones you can split
and stick on your nose
:smile:
my boat is flying down the stream
dodging rocks and Pepsi cans
even with victory I know that the gutter awaits 
my rainy day shows me; in life all of the bad things go down the drain
so I smile
and she smiles
and I am happy
on Harvard St