6.09.2007

Blink Again by Lucy Rodrigues

BLINK AGAIN by Lucy Rodrigues in response to blink

Blink again
And I see the promises made long ago
Kept
By those that meant something special
To me
Creating a beautiful aura of
Love

Blink again
And the memories return
To show me that there’s still
Someone there to hold dear
And never let go

Blink again
And I see novas shining, twinkling, spinning
Brilliantly for all to see
And become part of

Blink again
And I see future Martin Luther King Jrs and Maya Anjalou’s becoming
Ambassadors of peace
To unite the nations

Blink again
And I see healed hearts and souls
That were abused and misused
Forgiving and being forgiven

Blink again
And I see opportunities that knock
And the door opened to who dares to knock

Blink again
And I see shades of colors representing all nations
Singing, dancing, laughing, talking, PRAISING
Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ

Blink again
And I see the peace makers uniting
In their red berets, marching the ghetto streets
Everywhere, to keep some kind of civilization
Amongst those that want and need peace

Blink again
And I see pastors from local churches
Marching in step to help community leaders
To keep hope alive for our youth
For they are our future

Blink again
And I see our beautiful young women
Growing much too fast, wanting to be adults
Not knowing what lies ahead
Not being prepared

Blink again
And I see young men searching for something
What, I haven’t been able to figure it out yet
Tatooes aren’t the answer, piercings either

Blink again
And I see time turned back to jeans that fit
Shirts that don’t fall to the knees
Skirts and blouses that leave something to the imagination

Blink again
And I see families dining together
Watching TV, going to the movies
Playing family style games

Blink again
And I see a new beginning
Of understanding each other
Respect, love, commitment and loyalty

Blink again
And I see you and I working together
To bring what I see into fruition

Blink again
And I see no more AIDS, Hepatitis
Healthy bodies living together with
Respect for one another

Blink again
And I see young and old working together
To achieve promises that were made
Long ago come together

Blink again
And I see what you mean
Where you are coming from
Where your heart is
Where your hurt is
Where your LOVE is

Blink again
And I see colors of LOVE, HOPE AND CHARITY

LET IT BEGIN WITH US